Whether you’re trying to create a more dynamic homepage or you’re interested in a quicker and easier means of letting customers know what your business is all about, an explainer video is a great way to spice up your website and get the attention of visitors even as you tell them about your company or highlight new product launches. And if you’re not the most compelling presence on camera, you might want to create an animated video instead of the standard talking-to-the-camera fare. After all, you want your video to be both entertaining and informative. Unfortunately, there is going to be some cost associated with creating animations, and such expenses can be hard to justify for the small business owner on a tight budget. But there are several advantages to be gained from the inclusion of explainer videos on your website. Here are a few that are sure to get you animated.
- Easy consumption. Whereas bulky blocks of descriptive text are likely to send readers packing, adding explainer videos offers a simple, one-click solution to the average visitor’s information gathering needs. And when you do all the heavy lifting to provide consumers with relevant data in a concise, informative, and entertaining format, they’re a lot more likely to get the message and act on it.
- Easy sharing. Copying and pasting text can be a hassle. But your explainer videos can be easily shared via social media simply by adding the appropriate buttons for routing. As a bonus you can embed hidden links so that when your videos are shared or reposted, anyone who clicks on them will be directed to the original video on your website.
- Improve rankings. When search engines like Google rank your website, they do so by considering a number of factors, including inbound links, conversion rates, traffic, and the amount of time visitors stay on your site. Animated explainer videos have the potential to improve all of these metrics, thus increasing your standing with search engines and improving your page rank in the process.
- Make a connection. It’s hard to pinpoint exactly what you can do to forge a bond with the consumer public, especially since everyone has different wants, needs, motivations, and so on. But pretty much everyone can watch a demonstration and get something out of it. Video could be considered a universal language and it can help you to connect with and compel a wider audience. And while some people might not relate to an actor on camera, animation speaks to everyone equally.
- Increase sales. While you could certainly take the time to pen a long-winded explanation of how a product works and why consumers should buy it, a picture is worth a thousand words, and a video is worth a lot more. By using an explainer video to promote new products you can easily demonstrate how they work and highlight their benefits in a very short period of time, potentially increasing sales in the process. And with a reputable and experienced company like Evolve Media Productions to help you create your animated explainer videos, you’ll have professional level media that is sure to impress savvy web-surfers.