If you’re trying to come up with an effective customer loyalty program, you probably already know that you can create digital fidelity cards with eCard Systems that can be accessed via mobile device. But do you know how else to reach out to your customers and keep them coming back again and again? If not, here are five ways to keep your customers loyal.
- Start a newsletter. A regular newsletter is one of the best ways to reach out to your most loyal customers whenever you are having a sale or any other kind of promotion. That’s why you want to offer some kind of incentive for people to give you their email address so that they can start receiving your newsletter. You just don’t want to send them too often, or people will get annoyed. Usually once or twice a month is more than enough.
- Offer birthday freebies. People love to get free things on their birthdays. This is one of the best ways to really make a personal connection with your customers. If you want them to sign up for your newsletter, you can let them know that they will receive a coupon in their email box the week of their birthday. Just make sure you have something you’re willing to give out for free, and they’ll remember that you were there on their special day.
- Offer freebies for multiple purchases. Another great time to give out freebies is when people make large purchases. Oftentimes, it can be difficult for people to justify spending large amounts of money in one place, especially if they plan to go shopping in a number of places within a given day. However, if they know that there is a reward involved, it’s usually all they need to feel confident that it was money well spent.
- Offer discounts for large purchases. If you don’t have any small items you can give away, you may want to give a discount for large purchases instead. If someone feels like they want to spend a little bit of money today, and a little bit more money at your store in the future, there’s a good chance that they won’t come back in the future, or that the item they wanted to buy won’t be there anymore. That’s why you want to encourage them to buy everything they want now, so that they can get a discount on all of it.
- Give out stickers and magnets. One of the best ways to keep your brand on the forefront of your customers’ minds is to give out free stickers or magnets. Everyone needs magnets and everyone looks at their refrigerator every day. If your business caters to children, stickers can be great advertisement. They’re cheap and kids love to put stickers on things like their binders. This will put your brand and logo out there in plain site for the kid who owns the sticker, as well as many of his or her friends.